Friday, October 1, 2010

Wow! It's been several months since I last updated my blog. Currently I am staffing a DTS ( Discipleship Training School) here at YWAM Maui. The school started on September 11th and will go until the end of February including lecture and outreach phase.

As the DTS staff were praying about a theme for this school, we felt the Lord wants to refine each and everyone of us. Our school verse is from Zechariah 13:9 - "And I will put this third inot fire, and refine them as one refines silver, and test them as gold is tested. They will call upon my name, and I will answer them. I will say, 'They are my people' and they will say 'The Lord is my God.'"

Our prayer is that as God refines us we will fall deeper in love with Him. Already the Lord has been doing so much in my life. I've felt for a long time that God has called me inot youth ministry and being able to minister to these students has been so exciting. In the last two weeks I've realized just how much I really need to depend on Him.

In December we will elave for outreach for three months. I am co-leading a team to Bangladesh. I am really excited about this opportunity. I never thought I would go to Bangladesh but the Lord is starting, even now, to give me a love and excitement for a country I've never been too. We have a diverse of 8 students on our team. We have students from Finland, Germany, Norway, the Philippines, Canada, and the United States. During our time in Bangladesh we will be working with another YWAM base. Our hearts are to serve the people of Bangladesh and show them the love of Christ.

During this time of staffing the DTS and leading a team I could really use your prayers! I know this is going to be a really stretching and refining time. Please pray:
  • I would be intentional in my walk with God and disciplining the students
  • Finances for Bangladesh
  • God would give me a love for the people of Bangladesh

Also, if you feel led in supporting me financially for my trip to Bangladesh, the cost is $1500. I need to reaise all the money by October 8th. You can make checks payable to YWAM Maui and mail them to: YWAM Maui. C/O Natalie Monson. PO Box 790237. Paia, HI 96779

Thank you so much for all your prayers and support. I know that I wouldn't be here today without them.

Blessings and Love!!!

All the DTS Staff

My co-leader, Jason, & I



My team that's going to Bangladesh

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Nat!!
    I am so excited for you! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exciting times!
    How is school? How are the kids?
    Hope to talk with you soon!

    ReplyDelete